Giving birth is the most amazing experience a women goes through, in fact 300,000 women give birth every day around the World! Women’s bodies are designed beautifully for the process but our modern, sedentary life style means that we are not naturally “birth ready” but we have 9 months which is plenty of time in which to prepare ourselves for birth.
Here at UK Birth Centres we are experts in preparing women for birth and would love the opportunity to help you get ready for your birth. On Saturday 6th June from 11.00am until 2.00pm, we are teaming up with the Zenchi Clinic to offer you a free Natural Birth Preparation Day. We will condense our expertise into 3 hours covering topics such as water birth, optimal positioning, Rebozzo and labour massage hypnobirthing, breathing and relaxation. Our aim is that you leave the day excited about your birth. Here are 8 tips for a natural birth to help get you in the right frame of mind!
- The Birthing Ball This is a large exercise ball that I get my clients to practice bouncing on regularly while pregnant, and when used in labour will bring you relief. Sit on the birthing ball whilst in labour and rock back and forth, also helps in optimal foetal positioning when you lean over the birthing ball while kneeling.
- Changing Positions Remain up right let gravity be your friend during your labour and birth. Rocking on all fours really helps take the pressure off your back. Why not do some labour dancing rotating your hips helps labour progress.
- Water! Water birth has so many advantages for you your baby and your birth so check out how to arrange for a pool to be available for your birth. Having a shower is also a great use of hydrotherapy having the water jets massage your back is heavenly.
- Massage. Get your birth partner to learn some great massage techniques for use in your birth so that you can feel pampered and cherished.
- Deep Breathing Learn how to breathe taking long, deep breaths in and slowly breathing out really helps keep you relaxed and the pain manageable.
- Hypno Birthing. When you feel the pain of contractions, your first impulse may be to tense up and fight it. The fear of increasing pain leads to more tension and spirals if not managed. This can be prevented by learning the relaxation technique of hypno birthing. As clique as it may sound, try to ride those waves!
- Heat Hot rice packs, a hot water bottle or even an electric heating pad can help ease the pain. Also consider using a TENS machine.
- Essential Oils Lavender, especially, has a very calming/relaxing effect. Shake a few drops on a facecloth that you can hold up to my nose and inhale. You can also have your birth partner rub clary sage into your back and hips to help reduce the intensity of labour.
OK are you excited? Give us a call on 0800 3800 579 (FREE) to sign up for our Natural Birth Preparation day, hurry as places are limited! There will be an Osteopath on hand at the Zenchi clinic to give you advice for pregnancy and birth. There are some offers available for some therapies for attending the event if they mention this on booking.