I’m a huge fan of affirmations. I believe, quite simply, they help define your focus. And defining your focus is the best first step when you’re trying to accomplish any goal.
As we define what it is that we are wanting to achieve, if only with our thoughts, our attention follows. Our creative mind begins to look for the reality that matches our thoughts, and we begin to naturally notice the opportunities that can help lead us to our goals. I would say it is similar to experiencing a slow puncture in your car, suddenly you’re looking for a garage and you notice one in your area, which you can’t remember seeing before even though you pass it every day. When you define your focus, you begin to notice solutions in response.
Affirmations refine your focus, help to generate creativity and, if you involve a spiritual element, they can even help to inspire real blessings. I mix my affirmations with prayer and I can literally begin to feel a shift into possibility!
I have included a number of positive phrases that you may feel will fit with your circumstances. Choose a time when you can be peaceful, try propping yourself on a chair with pillows in a warm room with low lighting. Then choose to repeat the phrases that resonate with you.
Another way to use positive affirmations is to pin phrases around your house, near a mirror you use or by your bed so that you see them frequently and can take that opportunity to repeat the phrase.
- My baby’s birth will occur at just the right time and just the right way.
- My baby will feel loved and feel happy.
- I trust my body to grow my baby and I trust my body to birth my baby.
- I will be attracted to the right foods that will nourish me and keep me and my baby healthy.
- I will feel rested and refreshed by the sleep I achieve.
- I am connected to myself. I am connected to my partner. We are connected to our baby.
- I am calm, I am safe, I am relaxed.
- My body is strong enough to birth this baby.
- I enjoy experiencing the power of my body as my birthing muscles bring my baby to me.
- With each amazing wave, I am letting go more easily.
- I am releasing to these sensations.
- I let these waves wash through me as I go deeper into relaxation.
- I welcome strong waves that are bringing my baby closer.
- Every contraction brings me closer to my baby.
- The stronger my contractions become, the sooner I meet my baby.
- I breathe slowly and easily and it helps my body to let go.
- I breathe to my baby and let my breath flow down and out my baby’s birth path to show my baby the way.
- My body is so open that my baby just slides right out and into my arms.
You must be logged in to post a comment.