So you are pregnant, you want the very best birth for you and your baby and want to get your hands on as much information as possible! Here’s where we come in! I want to point out 6 reasons why having your own midwife is going to help give you the best chance possible at the most positive birth experience.
- When you choose an independent midwife you know that we are passionate about birth and have followed a less trodden path in order to work in a more intense and holistic way. We love what we do and this positivity and passion is infectious! Even if you have had a bad experience before, great birth education is so important, so don’t give up – find something better! Let us help you.
- The midwives at UK Birth Centres are all about Physiology we know that pushing while on your back is not only more painful, but much less effective – Women in labour naturally want to lean forward – something your pelvis does when it contracts, so it makes sense to work with it. We know your pelvis is also least open when on your back, whereas squatting gives you up to 30% more pelvic space. Isn’t that great news!
- We can pass on many more tools and options for natural pain relief so that you and your partner will have more confidence in how to cope.
- Again, independent midwives do not operate based on policy, but what is possible for you – what options and rights you have as a Mother. There will be no ‘we do this’ or ‘we do that’ only, ‘you could choose to do this’ or ‘you could choose to do that’ – with the pros and cons both ways. We will ensure you have a balanced view of what’s possible, with our main message being your body is extremely capable
- UK Birth Centres midwives will be attending your birth and this will bring you a whole new level of reassurance and peace of mind. We are also happy to take your calls and answer your questions between our visits leaving you feeling well supported and confident about having a positive birth experience.
- Because we spend more time with you helping to prepare for your birth this allows your partner to learn much more and feel more comfortable getting involved. It’s so important that a partner learns and understands what’s going on during labour and we are here to help both of you!
We are always eager to help you feel calm, properly supported and in short in good hands!